July 12, 2022
– A $3 million (Canadian) painting project at the Sault Ste. Marie International Bridge is scheduled to begin on the Canadian side of the bridge this week.
– A high-ratio calcium sulfonate alkyd (HRCSA) one-coat paint system should save costs, enhance corrosion resistance, speed completion time, and minimize disturbances.
– The International Bridge Administration (IBA) advises motorists to expect delays, remain alert for workers, and use caution when traveling through the work zone. Continue reading →
June 17, 2022
– A pair of peregrine falcons successfully nested on the Sault Ste. Marie International Bridge, where the birds have been returning for years, raising three chicks.
– A live video stream is viewable at www.saultbridge.com/falcam. The best time for bird watchers to see the falcons is when they’re nesting in the spring.
– The peregrine falcon has been removed from the federal endangered species list but is listed as an endangered species in Michigan. Continue reading →
March 28, 2022
– The government of Canada announced it will remove the pre-entry COVID-19 test requirement for fully vaccinated travelers on April 1.
– The International Bridge Administration (IBA) reminds commuter customers who are resuming international crossings to check their Prox card accounts.
– Prox card users can check their account balances, get new cards, or update credit card billing information by visiting https://tolls.saultbridge.com, or by calling 906-635-5255 or 705-942-4345, ext. 105 or 0. Continue reading →