In preparation for the upcoming holiday season, please note the following holiday office hours and services for the International Bridge Administration.
Bridge Operational Services:
Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, through the holidays. Assistance is available for walk-in customers or via phone can be reached at either:
- 906-635-5255 ext.0
- 705-942-4345 ext.0
- Prox Cards:
- Debit account (Prox Cards), for new accounts only, will be available through the holiday week.
Bridge Administration Services:
Administration offices will be closed between December 22, 2017 and January 1, 2018. Normal administration office hours and services resume January 2, 2018.
- Prox Cards:
- Requests for replacement cards or extra cards on existing accounts will be processed when normal office hours resume.
Please have a safe and enjoyable holiday week.
- The Sault Ste. Marie Bridge Authority (SSMBA) board of directors named member Thomas Buckingham, Sr., as its chair and member Micheline Dubé vice chair for 2018.
- The board consists of eight members, four Michigan members appointed by Gov. Snyder and four Canadian members.
- The board heard reports on a number of successful International Bridge projects.
November 9, 2017 — At today’s Sault Ste. Marie Bridge Authority (SSMBA) board meeting, the bi-national body that supervises operations of the International Bridge elected officers for 2018.
Board member Thomas Buckingham, Sr., was elected as the 2018 chair of the SSMBA board of directors. Buckingham was appointed to the board in 2015 by Gov. Rick Snyder; he was the SSMBA vice chairman in 2017. Buckingham is from Newberry., where he is general manager and secretary for Forest Insurance Center Agency Inc., Mauck Insurance Agency Inc., and Loggers Insurance Agency II LLC. The SSMBA board consists of eight members, four Michigan members appointed by Gov. Snyder and four Canadian members appointed by the FBCL, located in Ottawa, Ontario.
Micheline Dubé of Ottawa was elected vice chair for 2018. The other Canadian representatives on the board are Natalie Kinloch, Anthony Pickett, and André Girard. The other U.S. representatives are Linda Hoath, Scott Shackleton and Nicholas White.
The SSMBA board also heard updates (more…)
- The International Bridge recently underwent a fracture critical inspection and an annual inspection.
- Ongoing maintenance is keeping the bridge in good condition.
- The Sault Ste. Marie Bridge Authority (SSMBA) board of directors heard updates on major contracted projects completed at the bridge this year.
November 9, 2017 — The Sault Ste. Marie Bridge Authority (SSMBA) board of directors, the bi-national body that supervises operations of the International Bridge, heard reports on bridge inspections at the board’s regular meeting today.
The SSMBA board reviewed and officially accepted the results of the annual bridge inspection and fracture critical inspection. A team of bridge engineering experts from the lead firm of Hardesty and Hanover (H&H) of Okemos, Mich., along with their Canadian partner firm WSP Canada Group Limited of Mississauga, Ontario, conducted the two-week-long annual inspections of the bridge this fall and presented their findings at today’s meeting.
“With outstanding ongoing maintenance, the bridge is being kept in good condition,” said H&H structural engineer Richard Wianecki. “The overall condition of the bridge is good and our inspection found no serious issues.” (more…)
Bridge Bus Survey
The City of Sault Ste. Marie, International Bridge Administration (IBA), and Chippewa-Luce-Mackinac Community Action Agency are working collaboratively to improve and enhance the services of the International Bridge Bus.
A survey seeking feedback on this public service has been made available. Riders of the bridge bus and interested parties are highly encouraged to complete this survey. (more…)